Data Privacy Notice
Who we are
For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is SMAR Azure Limited of 14-18 Hill Street , EH2 3JZ Edinburgh, UK. As data controllers, we are responsible for deciding how we collect and use personal information about you, and for what purposes.
What is personal data?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What kind of data do we collect?
At SMAR Azure we only collect data we need to provide you with excellent service and support. We may collect, store and use the following information about you:
- your name and title;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- your job title, job role and industry interests.
- your company business information;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your correspondence and communications with us.
- we collect information through the forms on our website, from the direct communication we have with you or from publicly available data.
How do we process your personal data?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To verify your identity;
- To maintain your account on our website, allowing you to access the software and auxiliary materials;
- To keep track of your purchases and license status;
- To enable us to manage customer service efficiently;
- With your agreement, to send you newsletters and promotional offers;
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Lawful basis for processing data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have lawful basis. We collect and use personal data because it is necessary for:
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract;
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests: The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of SMAR Azure, including:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against SMAR Azure;
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email. Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the details listed at the end of this document.
We may share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers or contractors. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information. We will never sell or rent your data to other organizations for marketing purposes.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or reporting requirements. Unless otherwise required by law, or required to fulfil out contractual obligations, we keep data for five years after your last interaction with our products or services. Should you want us to remove data earlier than that, contact us at email@example.com
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request the erasure of your personal information. In certain circumstances, this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information, when there is no good reason for us continuing to process it;
- Request the restriction of processing your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to a different party;
- Object to the processing of your personal information for marketing purposes, or when we use legitimate interest as a legal basis to processing data.
- In limited circumstances, where we relied on consent to collect data, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
You can exercise your right by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this document. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SMAR Azure is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Our ICO registration number is: ZA399175