Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? Here are the answers to some of the most common queries – but don’t hesitate to contact us in case you still need help.
1. HOW CAN I REQUEST AN AZUREPROJECT DEMO VERSION?
The demo can be requested using our form available here. You will be required to input your name and contact details. Once you have completed and sent the request form, you will receive an email with the link to the demo download area and instructions.
2. WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS OF AZUREPROJECT?
Any current and recent PC will run AzureProject. The faster the processor the better, anything over 512Mb of memory is fine. For graphics cards we would recommend ATI and NVidia cards -there can be some issues with some of the Intel integrated graphics chip sets so we would advise to avoid these if possible. The hardware license key dongle also requires an available USB port.
3. HOW DO I KNOW IF A NEW VERSION OF AZUREPROJECT IS AVAILABLE?
You will be informed via email from the support team each time that there will be a new version of AzureProject available for downloading. If you run AzureProject on a computer connected to internet, a dialogue box will appear with the following message: “A New Version of AzureProject is Available: You are using version: … And the latest version is: ..” We strongly advise you to download and install it as soon as you get the email or message.
4. HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD A NEW VERSION OF AZUREPROJECT?
There are two ways. One way is to open your client private area on www.smar-azure.com by inserting your username and password SMAR Azure website in the access client area box on the top right of the SMAR-Azure web-site. Here, you will find the new Installer Package. Double click on the installer Package and follow the instructions. In this area, you will also find all information about the novel features added and changes included. Otherwise, you can start AzureProject and when the dialogue box with the message ‘’ A New Version of AZURE Project is Available’’, click DOWNLOAD NOW and follow the instructions.
5. WHAT IS THE CUSTOMER AREA?
The private area is created by SMAR Azure support team for each client. To enter in the private are, you need to log here.
In the customer area, you will be able to:
- Download an updated version of your software product
- Have access to manuals and technical dispenses related to each update version of AzureProject, and c)
- Communicate directly with the SMAR Azure support team with the e-ticket system. You will be able to send us emails and files, and read the answer to your questions. You will also be able to view all emails exchanged with the support team.
6. CAN MY PLOTTER/CUTTER MACHINE PLOT AND CUT PANELS AND PATCHES DEVELOPED WITH AZUREPROJECT?
AzureProject saves panel and patches in as: *.ntv and a variety of *. dxf options, making it compatible with all nesting software and plotters that read *.ntv and dxf file types.
7. CAN I DESIGN GAFF SAILS WITH AZUREPROJECT?
YES you can with the dedicated module GAFFSails. For more information, please look in Sail-Designer Product>add-ons on this web-site.
8. CAN I DESIGN MY OWN FIBER LAYOUT?
Yes you can with the dedicated fiber layout tool. You will be able to design fiber paths in groups directly on 3D sail surfaces and will be free to export to any lamination system. For more information, please look in Sail-Designer Product – AzureProject.
9. DOES AZUREPROJECT INCLUDE NESTING FUNCTIONS?
No, AzureProject has no nesting functions. Panels, patches and uv-covers are saved in *.ntv and *.dxf files, which can be imported in any nesting software. Each plotter/cutter machine is offered with driving software with nesting features. We aim to ensure that *.ntv files are compatible with all nesting software available on the market.
10. CAN I USE AZUREPROJECT ON AN APPLE COMPUTER?
While AzureProject has no native support for MacOS, it can be run through a virtual machine such as Parallels.
11. HOW MUCH DOES AZUREPROJECT COST?
SMAR Azure offers a suite of software programs that match the requirements of any type of user. The wide range of programs available guarantees that each user can select and buy exactly the product that is required. Please contact us for information about the price of the product that you are interested in.