We have just released or May Newsletter! Here are the topics covered in the edition:
- We just released AzureProject version 188.8.131.52, with new features and bug fixes.
- Getting started with AzureProject – Interview with Robin Chace-Payson
- Francesco’s corner – a look at the various options for creating patches in AzureProject.
For any questions about any of the information in the newsletter, our software or services, don’t hesitate to contact us – we’re available at email@example.com
Bohndell Sails are one of our most recent customers, having decided to purchase AzureProject this spring.
We asked the loft owner, Robin Chace-Payson, for her feedback on her early experience with AzureProject, and she was kind enough to get back to us:
“We chose to move to AzureProject because we upgraded our plotter software as well as our sail design computer, so it seemed natural to also upgrade our design program.
A major selling point was the optional gaff sail design module, since up until now we have needed to do a floor lay out for gaff rig designs.
Our staff was initially a bit intimidated with all the new features that AzureProject offers, but with lots of help from the SMAR Azure team, we are up and running. The interface is set up in a logical manner that helps guide you through the different parts of sail design, plus the assistance from Francesco and Donald has made our purchase more than worthwhile for our company.
Not only did these guys provide helpful feedback on our sail designs and teach us how to use the program, but their kindness was much appreciated. We’ve struggled to bridge the gap between ourselves as sailmakers and the software developers of other programs in the past, so their excellent customer service has been a great benefit.
The communication between our loft in Maine, USA and the SMAR Azure team in Europe has been quick and efficient via Skype and email. We are very pleased with our decision to have purchased AzureProject and look forward to learning more about this program as time moves forward.”
Robin Chace-Payson, Bohndell Sails
We’d like to thank Robin for her very kind words!
You can read more about Bohndell Sails on their website, at
We want to wish you all our customers a very happy and relaxing Easter, but for those of you who will be busy making sails, keep in mind we’re still available if you need help, even during the holidays! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have just released or March Newsletter, and it’s full of interesting and useful information! Some of the topics covered include:
- Seascape 18 – Vedran Rozic wins the silver medal, using AzureProject to design his sails.
- Francesco’s corner – learn to use the Tangent Mesh and Geodesic Lines in AzureProject to create better sails!
- Read more about our sail design and analysis services
As always, if you have any questions about any of the information in the newsletter, don’t hesitate to contact us – we’re available at email@example.com
“We are immensely proud that the winning boat of the Barcolana had our sails, designed with AzureProject”, says Renzo Sorci, designer at Olimpic Sails and AzureProject user for more than a decade.
He continues: “The Barcolana is not only a regatta, it involves the whole city of Trieste for about ten days, an event joined by 300 thousand people with boats coming from many different countries. Being chosen by the defender ‘Spirit of Portopiccolo’, who represented the city of Trieste, has been a huge responsibility and honour.”
For Portopiccolo we created a Code 0, which was hoisted just 4 minutes after the start of the race and proved to be the winning move, as mentioned by the crew at the end of the race. Since the start, Spirit of Portopiccolo increased the lead and rounded the first mark 52 seconds ahead, completing the course in record pace after 57 minutes.
“Winning that historical event made us very proud and happy”, says Renzo.
2018 has been another busy year at SMAR Azure, but we are pleased to have achieved all our targets!
Here’s a quick summary:
- Our company, SMAR Azure, won the “Best Business in Edinburgh” at the Scottish SME Business Awards.
- We have released 7 new versions of AzureProject: the integrated sail design and optimisation software. As usual, we put a lot of effort in improving features related to production. Major improvements were made on the mitre cuts and the fibre layout tool.
- We have also released new versions of RigEdge – the unique rig design software, which now includes sailing load analysis for very complex rigs.
- Our R&D team expanded with two new engineers – Neil Adams and Alejandro Ivanez – as we work closely with our customers to support their daily jobs.
- Moreover, we are very happy that many of our customers have designed sails that are winning important competitions all over the world.
We had not only a successful 2018, but also a truly interesting user-group meeting at METS – we are already focused on the next developments! Here are just some of the features we’re planning for early 2019:
- Negative Tack Heights – to facilitate design for decksweeper style sails.
- Design and attachment to the rig for top sails, and gaff top sail in particular.
- Adding design of patches for batten ends, as simple triangles, or rounded shapes.
… and many more… keep following us for updating news!
SMAR Azure CTO
We have just released our December newsletter!
Some of the topics include:
- Case study – Olisails use AzureProject to design their Barcolana 50 winning sails
- Donald MacVicar, SMAR Azure CTO, talks about our accomplishments in 2018, as well as some of the plans for 2019.
We have just released our November newsletter, with info about our METS workshop and the new features in our latest software versions. Click here to read the full newsletter.
We have just launched a new website for SMAR Azure, with the aim to make it more modern and appealing. We have also, as part of this new website, refreshed and improved the client area. The new site requires a new password to be created, and email addresses can now be used for the login.
You can use the following link to create you new password:
Then simply enter you email address and click reset password. You will then be sent an email with a link to create a new password.
We have also added a new ticketing system for support questions and will be adding more content in due course.
We’re happy to confirm we’ll be exhibiting at the METSTRADE show again this year.
You’ll find us at the same stand as last year – 01.275, where we’ll be showcasing our products for sail and rig design, analysis and optimization. Taking place in Amsterdam, between 13 and 15 of November, METS is a great opportunity to get together and talk to our customers and partners.
Registration for a visitor pass is free until the 5th of November – click here to go to the registration page.