2018 has been another busy year at SMAR Azure, but we are pleased to have achieved all our targets!
Here’s a quick summary:
- Our company, SMAR Azure, won the “Best Business in Edinburgh” at the Scottish SME Business Awards.
- We have released 7 new versions of AzureProject: the integrated sail design and optimisation software. As usual, we put a lot of effort in improving features related to production. Major improvements were made on the mitre cuts and the fibre layout tool.
- We have also released new versions of RigEdge – the unique rig design software, which now includes sailing load analysis for very complex rigs.
- Our R&D team expanded with two new engineers – Neil Adams and Alejandro Ivanez – as we work closely with our customers to support their daily jobs.
- Moreover, we are very happy that many of our customers have designed sails that are winning important competitions all over the world.
We had not only a successful 2018, but also a truly interesting user-group meeting at METS – we are already focused on the next developments! Here are just some of the features we’re planning for early 2019:
- Negative Tack Heights – to facilitate design for decksweeper style sails.
- Design and attachment to the rig for top sails, and gaff top sail in particular.
- Adding design of patches for batten ends, as simple triangles, or rounded shapes.
… and many more… keep following us for updating news!
SMAR Azure CTO